The LadleCheck Refractory Monitoring System serves as a key solution to increase safety in steel making and to support the ladle maintenance schedules. It minimizes the risk of liquid steel breakouts while maximizing the lifetime of the refractory lining. The whole system is designed for reliable 7/24 operation in the harsh environment of a steel plant.
The system also helps to reduce the production costs by extending
the service life of the ladle refractories. LadleCheck allows a reliable assessment of the remaining lifetime of the refractory lining. The number of heats can thus be maximized without any safety issues and the re-lining can be scheduled more precisely. Considering the high costs for the refractory maintenance, the system can significantly contribute to a reduction of the production costs of steel.
- Fully automated measurement sequence;
no operator interaction required
- Modular and scaleable: 1 to 5 thermal cameras to cover the whole ladle surface
- 100% Traceability: Automatic storage of images, measured temperatures and process related data
- Advanced data management and analysis with database and web server
- Various interfaces for connecting to your process control, data management and visualization
- Increased Safety for Steel Production
- Prevention of liquid steel breakouts
- Early identification of areas with increased wear
- Cost savings: Maximization of the refractory lining
service life without safety risks
- Optimized refractory maintenance schedule and
- Efficiency comparison of refractory linings
While the ladles are transported by the overhead crane, several
thermal imaging cameras automatically measure the temperature
distribution on their external surface. The measurements are
performed in full movement; there is no need to stop the crane.
Due to the completely modular concept of the LadleCheck system,
an inspection station can comprise a varying number of cameras.
For covering the complete outer surface of the ladle including the
bottom, generally 4 – 5 cameras are required.
Once a measurement is performed, the thermal data are analyzed
and the status of the ladle is indicated to the crane operator. All
thermal images, the temperature data and process related data
are stored in a database enabling dedicated analyses of the
refractory lining status. Based on stored data of previous measurements LadleCheck analyzes the temperature as a function of the ladle service time. A sudden increase in the temperature trend implies a potential breakdown of the refractory and will trigger an alarm. Moreover, the temperature trend also provides a clear information for the progression of refractory wear, allowing to schedule maintenance activities more precisely.
|Temperature Measurement Range:||-40°C to +600°C|
|Temperature Measurement Accuracy:||±2°C or ±2% of Reading|
|Image Pixels:||336 x 256||640 x 512|
|Field of View:||25° x 19°||45° x 35°|
|Other Lenses available on Request|
|Frame Rate:||9 Hz oder 60 Hz|
|Ambient Temperature Range:||-40°C to +60°C|
|Dimensions:||55mm x 55mm x 87mm|
|Type:||IRCamSafe AIW 168|
|Enclosure Material:||Stainless Steel|
|Coolant:||Air or Water|
|Germanium Window:||Ø 70mm x 3mm, DLC coated|
|Air Barrier:||Adjustable Air Flow, Supply Pressure 1 – 3 bar|
|Cable Protection:||Heat Resistant Hose, Configurable Length, Resistance to Thermal Load: up to +1640oC|
|Ambient Temperature Range:||-40°C to +350°C|
|Dimensions:||Ø 168mm x 505mm|
|Mounting Bracket:||Heavy Duty Bracket with Joint, Made from Stainless Steel, Load Rating 45 kg|
|Server-PC:||– Industry Standard Server Computer, 19″ Metal Case for Rack Installation
– The Server Computer hosts the LadleCheck Measurement Software, the
Database and the Web-Server.
|IRCamSafe-Controller||Integrated inside the camera enclosure. The board gives a significantly reduced installation effort, allowing a direct connection to mains power and
Ethernet without any additional connection cabinet. It features various sensors to continuously monitor the ambient conditions in the enclosure, thus
ensuring a safe operation of the camera.
- 4 Port Switch with 2x LWL-LC 100Base-FX or 2x RJ45(10/100) Up-Links
- 2 internal sensors for temperature; sensors for pressure and humidity
- Supports a ring structure of the network for lower cabling complexity
- Switchable camera power and heater via Modbus-TCP/IP (controlled by the monitoring software)
|Digital I/O, 24V Input/Output, Potential-Free (Fieldbus Module)|
|Data Link of Cameras and Computer|
|Up to 90m with Industrial Ethernet Cable|
|Up to 500m with Multi-Mode Glass Fiber Cable|
|Up to several km with Single Mode Glass Fiber Cable|