- Typical System Setup
Condition Monitoring of Substations
Substations are the central hubs of power distribution grids.Technical failures in these installations can cause far-reaching blackouts with loss of revenue and even high penalties for the utilities company. Moreover, plant components like transformators are very expensive and have long delivery times if they must be replaced. In summary there are many economic reasons for utilities companies to ensure a continuous and safe operation of their substations. Due to the fact that infrared cameras can continuously scan the temperature of objects, thermographic monitoring systems detect critical conditions on the components of substations before it comes to a failure.
Another advantage of thermal monitoring solutions is the continuous analyzing of thermal images recorded by numerous infrared cameras. This enables reliable scans of large areas with complex installations around the clock. With its support of various standard interfaces, our thermal monitoring systems enable a fast and direct communication with corresponding alarm systems and visualization consoles in control centers. Thus, countermeasures can be performed in shortest time and unexpected blackouts in your power distribution grid will belong to the past.
- Modular system architecture: Tailor-made system solutions even for complex monitoring tasks
- Fully automatic monitoring with continuous self-checking of all system components
- Several standard interfaces for easy integration and communication with existing control and alarming systems
- Flexible data management and analyzis with 100% traceability via database and web server
- Reliable 24/7 condition monitoring of substations
- Comprehensive temperature monitoring of large installations
- Early detection of critical conditions by continuous analyzing of temperature trends
- Automatic evaluation of thermal images and alarming for quickest possible danger prevention
- Maintenance-free operation
- Consultation and service for planning, installation and maintenance from a company with more than 15 years of experience in the development of thermal monitoring solutions
- Recommended by leading insurers