COVID-19: detection of elevated body temperature
FebriScan is an innovative solution for the detection of potential coronavirus (COVID-19) infected persons, using a high-precision temperature
imaging technique. It is quick to set up an access monitoring system using this non-contact elevated body temperature measurement method, which can be installed either temporarily in public places or in permanently fixed position at the entrance of a building. FebriScan consists of three components: an intelligent infrared camera, a temperature reference body and a specially developed FebriScan App. The interconnection of these components enables body temperatures to be recorded with the highest accuracy. To guarantee the reliability of the temperature readings, the FebriScan has multiple fully automatic integrated self-test functions. Further advantages: simple installation, fast measuring process, fully mobile solution. The resulting temperature reading appears graphically on the screen as a straightforward green/red with precise temperature reading. Red indicates an elevated body temperature, green indicates a normal range measurement.
FebriScan’s detection result complies with the IEC 80601-259:2017 standard. During the procedure, the infrared camera captures the temperature map of the person’s face. The FebriScan’s special advantage: the temperature is measured at the most heat-intensive
point on the face – namely the inner eyelid angle of the eye (canthus), which shows the actual body temperature. In combination with the high-precision temperature reference, our FebriScan App then verifies the detection result. This is the only way to achieve a precise statement of body temperature. Important to note: For the camera to capture the relevant area, glasses must not be worn during the measurement process.
FebriScan Portal Package
FebriScan Mobile Package
FebriScan Integration Package
Automated inspection technology does not always have to be complicated, but there are some important things to consider in order to use access control with integrated fever measurement correctly and efficiently. In our FAQs you will not only find some additional information about our FebriScan system, they also serve as an assistance for possible questions that should be considered during the purchase decision.
- High-precision detection of elevated body temperatures according to the IEC 80601-2-59:2017 standard, reading adjustments are made automatically based on the temperature reference body
- Fully automatic and integrated self-test functions provide the highest reliability of temperature measurements
- 2 variations for different distances between camera and face, e.g. due to local installation conditions
- Designed for 24/7 continuous operation
- Intuitive graphical display
- Readings of the body temperature are achieved on the inner sides of the eyes (canthi) thus the measurement result reflects the actual value. On the other hand, if the face is measured
over a large area, the body temperature is underestimated and incorrect.
- Fast measuring and evaluation process (< 1 second)
- Can be used independently of location: e.g. companies, transit authorities, railway stations, airports, etc.
- Easy installation