- Typical System Setup
Operating Check of Gas Flares
The flaring of gas is a common process in petrochemical plants. However, there is always the challenge to ensure a 100% reliable operation of the flare because else a large quantity of untreated waste gases could be released into the atmosphere. To avoid such situations with environmental pollution and non-compliance to governmental regulations, AT offers a reliable 24/7 solution for monitoring the operation of gas flares. In contrast to common video systems, infrared cameras are not vulnerable to darkness or bad weather conditions like rain or mist. With these features thermal imaging means an ideal solution for gas flare checks: it allows a reliable monitoring of the flame in all weathers and at any time of day.
Other temperature monitoring devices like thermocouples require an installation in the immediate vicinity of the pilot flame, which causes frequent faults and failures. In contrast infrared cameras can monitor the flaring process from a safe distance. Usually the installation can be performed outside of hazardous areas, which significantly reduces the system costs. Our thermal imaging system provides a fail-safe continuous operation, giving you an ideal instrument for reliably monitoring your flares.
- Fully automatic monitoring with continuous self-checking of all system components
- Modular system architecture: Tailor-made system solutions even for complex monitoring tasks
- Various standard interfaces for easy integration and communication with existing control and alarming systems
- ATEX-certified housings for installation and operation of temperature measuring infrared cameras in Ex-zones 1, 2, 21 and 22
- Flexible data management and analyzis with 100% traceability via database and web server
- Reliable 24/7 operation for monitoring gas flares
- Immediate detection of extinguished pilot flames with direct alarming for quickest possible flame restart or stop of the gas flow
- Maintenance-free operation
- Consultation and service for planning, installation and maintenance from a company with more than 15 years of experience in the development of thermal monitoring solutions
- Recommended by leading insurers